June 10, 2009

Honey Wheat Bread

I made two loaves of this bread today and it was amazing! I used the "medium" recipe but doubled it so it would make two loaves. I used buttermilk in place of the milk, added two tablespoons of wheat gluten flour. I used two packages of rapid-rise yeast and made it in my kitchen aid mixer. This one is a keeper!

I also made my first batch of dough using a sourdough starter that I began last week. It only took 4 days for the starter to ripen and be ready for use. The dough is slowly rising as we speak. I plan to let it rise until around bed time then divide it in two and shape it and cover it well on greased cookie sheets then bake it first thing tomorrow morning. I made my starter with King Arthur White Whole Wheat flour which is my absolute favorite flour for any baked goods, even pancakes, cakes or biscuits!

It's been a productive day, now I am off to make a grocery list for my shopping trip this weekend.

Have a blessed evening!

No comments: