April 13, 2009

A Tour Of Our Home

I was visiting Candy's blog today and had so much fun seeing all the blog posts, photo slide shows and videos from ladies sharing tours of their homes. Candy asked that if anyone wanted to do a home tour that they send her a link of a tour to their home. So, that is what this post is all about. Thanks Candy for allowing us into your home and organizing all the posts for all to enjoy!

Since my family is visiting us from out of town this coming weekend, and two of the girls are sick today, I had planned to do a good cleaning today. A prefect day to shoot some pics of our lovely home! So here is the tour, I hope you enjoy visiting with me at home today. :0)

Here is our front entry way. This is exactly what you would see if you came to visit me today, as soon as I open the door this little cutie would be right there to greet you. She just loves having company.

As you entered my front room you would see a couple more cutie pies (both sick) resting on the sofas.
There is one additional sofa so you can sit down and visit with us and relax.

Here is our TV, hutch and a play kitchen set area . Not quite my idea of good decorating but it's functional this way so we like it :0)


The next stop is the kitchen.

I am still working on the dishes so a few are awaiting me, soaking in and right beside the sink. I will get those done later on when we are done with the rest of the house cleaning.

We've got a great little island in the kitchen which is a perfect place to prepare salads and work on cookie baking.

On the other side of the island is my sewing nook. Lots of projects in the works!

This is our dining and homeschool area.

It has a nice little sofa and chair for the kids to sit and read.


Here is my helper for the day, she's doing a great job helping Mama clean!

OK, now down the hall way.

Here's the laundry room.


And this is our office/guest room.


Here is the girls bathroom.

And the girls bedroom.

Now on down the hall again to the master bedroom.


This is also our 2 year old's room (until we get a bunk bed for the big girls and make room for her in their room).


And finally our master bathroom.


I hope you enjoyed visiting with us today, we loved having you!

12 comments:

Tovah said...

Your home is cozy and cheerful. Your daughters are lovely. Blessings to you and yours.

~Bren~ said...

Wonderful! What a nice home you have!

Roxanne said...

All girls! What a fun time you must have doing "girl" stuff together.

I grew up with sisters, but I have a boy.

Boyworld is a whole lot different than girlworld LOL!

Enjoyed your home tour.

Shannon L. Fowler said...

I enjoyed the tour through your beautiful home!

Hope the kids are feeling better!! :)

The Proverbs Wife said...

I love homes that look lived in. From the pictures your home looks like an inviting place to fellowship with family or friends.

I love lots of seating areas like what you have in your livingroom. I really like what Candy has started at her blog. What a great idea to share and inspire one another.

Michele said...

Thanks so much for your lovely comments. I enjoyed all of the home tours so much as well!

Suzanne said...

What a lovely home you have, very cozy and inviting:-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a lovely home and a lovely family. Now I am not trying to be mean or funny in any way. I hope you dont take this question that way. But how come you dont do your girls' hair? Like plait it or ponytail it or something neat? Just want to know.

Michele said...

Thanks for all the nice comments.

As for my girls hair, I do do their hair. My baby is either in corn rows (which I am still learning how to do well) or little puffs which she loves. My second loves her puffs but he hair is longer and fine so I can do those daily on her. In these pics they were sick so she was just a mess that day and still wanted to be in the pics. My third oldest likes her thick plaits and to be honest I am not that good at them but I do them on her and I also do her in two strand twists often. My oldest has very loose curly and I do her in one or two plaits. This was just a messy headed day. Next time I do hair I will post some new pics. I am not the best at doing hair but I keep them nice and neat and as pretty as I can.

Mrs. White said...

Your home is lovely. I particularly like the bookcases full of books! Wonderful job!
blessings
Mrs. White

Divamom said...

I enjoyed your home tour. Your girls are so pretty!

Be Blessed!
~Chondra

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle. I just found your blog from a link at keeperthehome.com. You have the most adorable family. Those little girls are prescious. I love how you dress them. I only have one little girl (and two boys). It's such a struggle to find nice dresses for young ladies (or old ones like me for that matter!) You're obviously a wonderful wife, mother, homemaker, and I'm inspired after seeing your pictures! Thank you!
Deborah