September 28, 2008

Menu Planning Monday #3



It's been a super busy week here. All 4 of our girls have been sick and 1 year old is teething AND sick with a cold. Not fun, but we are pulling through and getting slowly back to normal. I've got to do some grocery shopping tomorrow so thought I would jump in on Menu Planning Monday and get myself organized for the upcoming two weeks.

With the cost of food going up so quickly I really need to keep myself in line with the menus this time as to stick to our budget. I took a very specific inventory of what we have on hand and have planned around those items. This is what I have come up with, in no specific order of day as to allow for schedule changes and such.

  • Lentil Stew, Oatmeal Pan Rolls
  • Lasagna, Salad
  • Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole, Refried beans, lettuce, sour cream, salsa
  • Chicken Stir Fry, Rice
  • Jamaican Red Beans and Rice, Salad
  • Shepherd's Pie, Salad
  • BBQ Chicken Sandwiches (Crock Pot), Cole Slaw, Baked Beans, Chicken Noodles
  • Beef Stew with Dumplings
  • Pinto Beans, Collard Greens, Born Bread, Hot Dogs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that all the kids are out! I'll pray that you manage to avoid it yourself. We've been taking turns here- one at a time getting the cold.

Your week of menus looks delicious and very budget friendly. Can I ask if you've shared the Oatmeal Pan Rolls somewhere? That sounds fantastic!

Michele said...

Thanks Erika, your prayers are so much appreciated! I pray your family is well very soon as well. The Oatmeal Rolls are "clickable" now for the recipe, hope you enjoy them, we love them!