April 3, 2009

Great Website For Once A Month Cooking

Since we started our healthy eating plan, I really have been in the kitchen more often doing prep work, mostly for salads, home baked breads and healthier condiments. I have been trying a sort of "cook once, eat twice" kind of style of cooking as to always have meals on hand in the freezer. Life is always so much easier when dinner is in the freezer! :0)

I wish I could do a once a month cooking kind of day but we just don't have the freezer space. If you want to get your freezer stocked up, here is an AWESOME website that I found that has lots of ideas. They are not all the most healthy, but you can glean a lot just in the way of ideas on how to cook a lot of food at once to save yourself time in the long run. Then just adapt them to what you and your family eat. Here's the site - The Erratic Homemaker.

2 comments:

vehementflame said...

check out passionate homemaking- she has a bunch of freezer meal idea- all super healthy. I personaly don't like freezer fod to much- unless its soup or pizza crust...but that's just picky ole me.

Michele said...

Thanks for the tip, I love her blog!