January 22, 2009

Pretty Things For The Little Girls

I'll be honest, decorating is not one of my strong points. I want to have a nicely decorated home but I guess I am just a minimalist at heart and like things simple and kind of plain. My girls, however, are not this way. They want ruffles and flowers and all the pretty girly things that they love. And who could blame them? Every store we enter seems to sell things cuter than the one before. So many choices!

Ever since we moved into this house, I have put off decorating their bedroom. I just could not find anything that seemed just right. I am making quilts for the girls and I wanted something to vibe off of the nice bright colors I am using.

My mom, on the other hand, is a decorator extraordinaire and she always knows just the thing to buy! She bought some plain frames and painted them along with a little sign that says "LOVE". All I had to do was go on-line and fine some pretty pictures to print out to fill the frames. Instant art! The girls love everything and we will be hanging it all up this weekend.


Now if I could just find time to finish those quilts! :0)

No comments: