November 21, 2008

Getting Ready

My husband always works Thanksgiving Day so we always have our meal ahead of time or the day after. This year it will be either Monday or Tuesday so I am gearing up to cook this weekend. I've already made dough for rolls and put that in the freezer and also made my pie crusts which are in the fridge. It will be a simple meal this year but as always, full of good things and love.

Tonight I made homemade pizzas so the kids are happily watching "Kung Fu Panda" and eating right now.

We're going to take next week off to de-clutter the toys and papers around here. Our town just started a new recycling program so the kids are really anxious to fill up the big blue dumpster that was delivered to us. So since they are in "toss out mode" I thought I had better take advantage of it!

School is coming along slowly for us this year... I am thinking of going through all the texts and seeing if we might just skip ahead on some things. My 8 year old seems bored with her math sometimes and spelling too so I am going to quiz her on some things to make sure we are not holding her back too much. Both 8 yo and 6 yo have read way ahead on the readers they have for this year so I will most likely be doing some major book shopping at the start of the year. It's often hard for us to keep up with their veracious bibliophilic tendencies :0)

Well, I better head off for now. 1 yo just came in holding her diaper sand saying "Ewww!" so I know what that means. :0) Have a blessed weekend y'all!

1 comment:

r said...

Hi Michele,
Last week I found your Scalloped Potatoes recipe from 3 years ago online and used it for our church Christmas Banquet. They were a big hit!!! One thing I did was to parboil the sliced potatoes first for about 3 min with a heaping teaspoon of thyme and 2 bay leaves. That also reduced the cooking time by about an hour.

Robin